Today's DME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, nationality, veteran status, genetic information or non-disqualifying disability.
Open Position: Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Part-time
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Pay: $ 11.25 - 15.00/hr
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly
The Customer Services Representative assists patients in making decisions regarding the rental or purchase of home medical equipment and respiratory therapy services and supplies. Duties will include providing product information, verifying payment source and coverage criteria, completing orders, coordinating delivery, and assembling patient/customer files and records.
The Customer Services Representative reports directly to the Office Manager.
1. Assists in over-the-counter sales and/or rentals by identifying needed equipment and supplies and instructing patients in the safe and proper use, including maintenance.
2. Receives orders by telephone or fax and prepares all necessary paperwork to ensure timely delivery and set-up.
3. Review and process all necessary paperwork related to billing and collection.
4. Obtain and verify insurance coverage for all sales and rentals before equipment and supplies are delivered.
5. Review, prepare and maintain all documentation to be included as part of the customer file.
6. Receive and distribute all incoming mail.
7. Contact physicians, when necessary, to clarify orders received with respect to prescribed home medical equipment and respiratory therapy services and supplies.
8. Collect payments from customers who obtain equipment and/or supplies on a cash-and-carry basis.
9. Conduct a weekly inventory of retail sales items and arrange for the reorder of depleted stock.
10. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
1. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
2. Be capable of sound and mature judgment.
3. Possess excellent telephone skills and an ability to interact with patient-customers.
4. Be computer literate and comfortable using it.
5. Exhibit good personal hygiene and grooming.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent with additional college preferred.
2. Minimum one-year prior office experience required.
3. Prior knowledge of the medical field, with experience in home health care desirable but not necessary.
4. Prior experience in processing health insurance claims is strongly preferred.
Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Daily Operations, Decision-Making, Other
EOE/Drug Free Environment