Today's DME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, nationality, veteran status, genetic information or non-disqualifying disability.
Open Position: Billing Specialist
Job Type: Part-time
Seniority Level: Not Applicable
Pay: $ 11.25 - 15.00/hr
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly
The Billing/Coder, in collaboration with the Director of Operations, is responsible for ensuring the optimum billing practices.
The Billing/Coder reports directly to the Director of Operations.
1. Maintains TODAYS DME, INC.'s policy, procedure and personnel manuals.
2. Ensures that all policies, procedures and protocols are followed.
3. Establishes and monitors an accounts receivable system for all billing and collections, including bad debt recovery.
4. Coordinates accounts payable activities.
5. Prepares and submits to the Director of Operations monthly management reports on key billing elements.
6. Monitors Medicare and other third-party reimbursement trends for the home medical equipment and respiratory therapy industry and develops appropriate revisions to the system when so warranted.
7. Participates in the organization-wide performance improvement program as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
1. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
2. Be capable of sound and mature judgment.
3. Possess good organizational skills.
4. Be computer literate and comfortable with the use of it.
5. Exhibit professional appearance and good personal hygiene.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma required with some college work preferred.
2. Possess a minimum of three-(3) years experience in a business office setting with such experience in medical billing.
Hourly based upon experience and tenure.
Leadership, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Daily Operations, Decision-Making, Training, Other
EOE/Drug Free Environment